Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Extreme case of privacy invasion

I got a link to a shameful story from my friend. I never knew people could be this bad even though I've seen from close quarters how poor students are ill-treated in government-funded hostels. Thanks to increased media activism (a result of competition), such things come to the public fore. No doubt, this calls for stringent action. But, in addition, I wish that they anonymise these records and give them to academic institutions to study phenomena like McClintock effect.

5 Comments:

Blogger Epiphany said...

But still most of the media "activism" is for TRP ratings isn't it! agreed it gets the exposure but nobody will follow it up.....

March 28, 2006 6:17 pm  
Blogger Sundar said...

Agree with the "activism" part. I don't seek to justify media "activism" or their intent. I mentioned it as a matter of fact. Until they start bringing too many "trivial" things to the fore, there may be some tangible results.

March 29, 2006 11:47 am  
Blogger Praveer said...

@Epiphany,
Posts like this are no different than media seeking TRP ratings :D

April 01, 2006 6:05 pm  
Blogger Sundar said...

@Praveer: I agree partly. But, the itch to surface the interesting McClintock effect was a major reason.

April 03, 2006 5:36 pm  
Blogger   said...

This is terrible. A few days later, it would have been perceived as a not-very-funny April Fool’s Day joke.

April 17, 2006 4:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home