Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Extreme case of privacy invasion

I got a link to a shameful story from my friend. I never knew people could be this bad even though I've seen from close quarters how poor students are ill-treated in government-funded hostels. Thanks to increased media activism (a result of competition), such things come to the public fore. No doubt, this calls for stringent action. But, in addition, I wish that they anonymise these records and give them to academic institutions to study phenomena like McClintock effect.


Blogger Epiphany said...

But still most of the media "activism" is for TRP ratings isn't it! agreed it gets the exposure but nobody will follow it up.....

March 28, 2006 6:17 PM  
Blogger Sundar said...

Agree with the "activism" part. I don't seek to justify media "activism" or their intent. I mentioned it as a matter of fact. Until they start bringing too many "trivial" things to the fore, there may be some tangible results.

March 29, 2006 11:47 AM  
Blogger Praveer said...

Posts like this are no different than media seeking TRP ratings :D

April 01, 2006 6:05 PM  
Blogger Sundar said...

@Praveer: I agree partly. But, the itch to surface the interesting McClintock effect was a major reason.

April 03, 2006 5:36 PM  
Blogger Jack Yan said...

This is terrible. A few days later, it would have been perceived as a not-very-funny April Fool’s Day joke.

April 17, 2006 4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home