Thursday, March 16, 2006

Continuum conundrum

It was a sunny Saturday afternoon. And, I was in an inebriated state of post-prandial sleep. My mobile phone goes "tring-tring" or whatever ringtone that I have. Kishore pushes my room door in, and sticks his neck in. Kishore tells me that my phone is ringing and I need to pick it up. A part of me is inquisitive as to how I'm able to see Kishore or the door from where I'm lying. I get up, pick my phone from the shelf, and press a button to accept the call. But, the ringing continues. I see myself desperately pushing the button repeatedly even as Kishore keeps asking me to attend to the call. I feel strange that this thing is happening with my phone, but I'm not able to tell this to him as an explanation. The inquisitive me wonders how Kishore is not in Hosur but here. I pick my phone lying on the adjacent bed with my left hand and accept the call lying on my bed. The incessant ringing stops.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha... Nice!

March 17, 2006 11:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home