Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Good bye, darling

Come December 15, I was about to shout Yaaahoooo! to announce my third year in Yahoo! But, today is my last day here, at least in this innings. I've been through several separations - in high school, college, previous employment, post graduation, and more, but this is the most painful of all. I don't say this simply because they're distant memory, but because I had always faced such events far more easily. Perhaps because they were all eventualities and this was by choice.

I'd earlier remarked to a friend that I've mastered the art of letting go - that is, by not thinking about it when you do. I tried doing that and was superficially fine, until I sent out that final email announcing that. My hands quivered as I composed the email and I was even more moved to the point of crying when I saw replies. As a colleague remarked, it's like the Marine Corps, once a Yahoo always so. Yes, it's a nation, not just a company to work for. I'll continue to evangelise Yahoo! (I've already converted one loyal Google search user into a Yahoo! search user) and recommend it for my friends, it's a fantastic place to work in.

While I'm sad for leaving Y!, it was an occasion to know how many friends I have and how much I mean to Yahoo! And, I'm looking forward to my next stop, Kneaver. More about that in another post.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never seen a guy love his company so much.. I don't think I ever will. You gave it all.. Now you can sit back,take a much deserved break and get ready for another innings. Wishing you all the very Best.

November 22, 2006 7:36 pm  
Blogger Epiphany said...

Well, one more of my kind gone...not many ppl from our batch who are still at the company they joined from campus left :) ne way congrats and best of luck genius!

November 23, 2006 10:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm.. well. Keep in touch. :)

November 23, 2006 11:52 am  
Blogger R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah said...

All the best for your future endeavours.

November 23, 2006 4:11 pm  
Blogger Ishwar said...

I miss a terrific lunch partner.

November 24, 2006 10:27 am  
Blogger Sundar said...

Thanks for the kind words, people. I'm taking a short break during these first days in unemployment. Will post more info soon.

November 24, 2006 11:52 am  
Blogger Vivek Venugopal B said...

Yahoo! is an integral part of you and now you are taking the role of an unofficial evangelist for Y!
Anyway, best of luck for your future endeavers. I am sure that you will be more than successful.

November 24, 2006 1:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As NRN Murthy puts : " Never love your company for ...."

November 24, 2006 4:19 pm  
Blogger Sundar said...

Thanks Vivek.
@anon: I don't know if it would've been possible with Yahoo!

November 27, 2006 2:18 pm  
Blogger Sundar said...

Thanks Vivek.
@anon: I don't know if it would've been possible with Yahoo!

November 27, 2006 2:18 pm  
Blogger oskeladden said...

சுந்தர்!

மூன்று ஆண்டுகளாக இருந்த ஒரு உத்தியோகத்தை விட்டு பொவது சுலபம் இல்லை. அதுவும் உங்களுக்கு இவ்வளவு மகிழ்ச்சி கொடுத்த ஒரு உத்தியோகம்!

உங்கள் புதிய தொழிற்சாலையுக்கு நீங்கள் நிச்சியமாக நல்வழிக்காலர் ஆவிங்கள்!

நட்புடன்,

அரவிந்தன்

December 03, 2006 6:28 am  
Blogger Sundar said...

வாழ்த்துக்கு நன்றி, அரவிந்தன். :-)

December 04, 2006 5:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home