Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Good bye, darling

Come December 15, I was about to shout Yaaahoooo! to announce my third year in Yahoo! But, today is my last day here, at least in this innings. I've been through several separations - in high school, college, previous employment, post graduation, and more, but this is the most painful of all. I don't say this simply because they're distant memory, but because I had always faced such events far more easily. Perhaps because they were all eventualities and this was by choice.

I'd earlier remarked to a friend that I've mastered the art of letting go - that is, by not thinking about it when you do. I tried doing that and was superficially fine, until I sent out that final email announcing that. My hands quivered as I composed the email and I was even more moved to the point of crying when I saw replies. As a colleague remarked, it's like the Marine Corps, once a Yahoo always so. Yes, it's a nation, not just a company to work for. I'll continue to evangelise Yahoo! (I've already converted one loyal Google search user into a Yahoo! search user) and recommend it for my friends, it's a fantastic place to work in.

While I'm sad for leaving Y!, it was an occasion to know how many friends I have and how much I mean to Yahoo! And, I'm looking forward to my next stop, Kneaver. More about that in another post.

Labels: , ,


Anonymous johnsy said...

Never seen a guy love his company so much.. I don't think I ever will. You gave it all.. Now you can sit back,take a much deserved break and get ready for another innings. Wishing you all the very Best.

November 22, 2006 7:36 PM  
Blogger Epiphany said...

Well, one more of my kind gone...not many ppl from our batch who are still at the company they joined from campus left :) ne way congrats and best of luck genius!

November 23, 2006 10:04 AM  
Anonymous sanket said...

Hmm.. well. Keep in touch. :)

November 23, 2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah said...

All the best for your future endeavours.

November 23, 2006 4:11 PM  
Blogger Ishwar said...

I miss a terrific lunch partner.

November 24, 2006 10:27 AM  
Blogger Sundar said...

Thanks for the kind words, people. I'm taking a short break during these first days in unemployment. Will post more info soon.

November 24, 2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger Vivek Venugopal B said...

Yahoo! is an integral part of you and now you are taking the role of an unofficial evangelist for Y!
Anyway, best of luck for your future endeavers. I am sure that you will be more than successful.

November 24, 2006 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As NRN Murthy puts : " Never love your company for ...."

November 24, 2006 4:19 PM  
Blogger Sundar said...

Thanks Vivek.
@anon: I don't know if it would've been possible with Yahoo!

November 27, 2006 2:18 PM  
Blogger Sundar said...

Thanks Vivek.
@anon: I don't know if it would've been possible with Yahoo!

November 27, 2006 2:18 PM  
Blogger oskeladden said...


மூன்று ஆண்டுகளாக இருந்த ஒரு உத்தியோகத்தை விட்டு பொவது சுலபம் இல்லை. அதுவும் உங்களுக்கு இவ்வளவு மகிழ்ச்சி கொடுத்த ஒரு உத்தியோகம்!

உங்கள் புதிய தொழிற்சாலையுக்கு நீங்கள் நிச்சியமாக நல்வழிக்காலர் ஆவிங்கள்!



December 03, 2006 6:28 AM  
Blogger Sundar said...

வாழ்த்துக்கு நன்றி, அரவிந்தன். :-)

December 04, 2006 5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home